To simplify installation and activation of Lao Script for Windows on many computers,
Version 7.21 now allows completely automated, silent installation and
license activation for multi-seat or domain-based site licenses.
How to install and activate Lao Script for Windows automatically...
- Download and save the most recent version (7.21 or later) of Lao Script for Windows
Version 7 installation file to a USB
memory stick, shared drive, or other location that
can be accessed from the computers on which Lao Script for Windows is being installed.
- Download AutoInstall.zip
and unpack it into the same folder as the installation file.
- Edit the license setup file LSWin7License.dat with any text editor,
adding your license number, password and user name where indicated.
- For domain-based site licenses, you must also add the license key, as provided by
Lao Script for Windows, and the (case-sensitive) domain name for the computers
that Lao Script for Windows is being installed on.
- Run InstallLSWin.bat to install and activate Lao Script for Windows without
requiring further user intervention.
On Vista (and Windows 7), the batch file must be executed with elevated
- For multi-seat licenses, each computer on which the application is installed
will attempt to obtain an activation online automatically when installation
- Domain-based site licenses do not require online activation.
- Another batch file, RemoveLSWin.bat, is also provided in
simplify removal of the application by site administrators, if needed.
- See the instructions in AutoInstall.zip
for registry keys used for domain-based site licensing and other information.
If it doesn't work...
- If you have previously installed the same version of LSWin, you must
uninstall it (in the normal way) before using installation with automatic
- If your internet connection requires a proxy server, or uses a non-standard
port for http: transfers, you can add any of the following extra parameters
to the license setup file:
Proxy=(URL:port or IP:port)
HTTPPort=(if not port 80)
Timeout=(if a timeout longer than 60 seconds is needed)
- If automatic activation fails (for any reason), you may still activate each license seat
your in the normal way (see Activate License).
Who can use it...
Automatic installation and licensing is primarily intended for use with multi-seat licenses
and site licenses, but anyone may use it provided that they agree to the standard
License Terms and Conditions for using Lao Script for Windows.