Lao Script for Windows, Standard Edition includes:
- Many different Lao/English TrueType fonts, some for Unicode, others for older coding conventions.
The fonts include Saysettha OT, a professionally hinted OpenType Lao Unicode font, especially
optimized for screen and webpage use, and the MX-series of OpenType Lao Unicode fonts designed for use on both Windows and Mac OS-X.
- Lao keyboard management, using the LaoKey keyboard interface which allows Lao text to be
input either by using the standard Lao typewriter keyboard layout, or by typing a simple romanized
equivalent for the Lao syllables.
- Optional word-wrap at syllable or word boundaries by automatic insertion of invisible break characters,
either as text is typed or afterwards in selected text using menu commands.
- Lao menu Add-Ins for Microsoft® Word, Microsoft® Excel, Microsoft® Access and Microsoft® Powerpoint, to simplify font conversion and
(for Excel and Access) sorting according to Lao alphabetical order.
- Lao spell-checking, using a comprehensive Lao dictionary, syllable rules and a user-defined
dictionary for additional words or names.
- Conversion of Word documents with fonts that use different font-code conventions for Lao
(e.g. from alice_5 to Alice5 Unicode, Saysettha Lao to Unicode fonts, or vice-versa).
- Lao find/replace.
- Sorting of Lao text in a table or by paragraphs, according to either of the two commonly used
alphabetization conventions for ordering Lao.
- Romanization of selected Lao text (or an entire file).
- A function library enabling Lao spell-checking, sorting, enabling or disabling Lao keyboard mapping, etc.
from any application that can call an external DLL.
- A Lao Help Menu with full instructions and examples for making the best use of Lao Script for Windows.
Lao Script for Windows, Gold Edition also includes:
- Automatic (or computer-assisted) translation of text in Word documents from Thai to
Lao, fully compatible with Thai and Lao Unicode fonts.
- A Lao Add-In providing Lao font conversion, text wrapping, spelling-checking,
etc. for Adobe® InDesign CS2 (or later).