Automatic installation and activation has been improved for LaoScript 8 build 8.1.7,
simplifying installation especially for multi-seat and corporate site licenses.
How to install and activate LaoScript 8 automatically...
- Download and save the most recent version (8.1.7 or later) of
LaoScript8 to a USB
memory stick, shared drive or file path that can be read by the computers
on which LaoScript 8 is being installed.
- Copy and save the following batch file script to the same USB memory or file path
as a text file with the name autoinstall.bat.
- Edit the following script and enter your license number, password and user name
where indicated, then copy and save it as a text file named License.txt
in the same USB memory or file path.
- Run autoinstall.bat to install LaoScript 8. The only further action
needed during installation will be to elevate to administrator privileges
(on Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8), when prompted.
- The license will be automatically activated the first time that the
installed copy of LaoScript 8 is used and the computer is connected to the internet.
- If installing a corporate site license, use the License.txt file with your
(site) license key provided by Lao Script for Windows rather than the above
If it doesn't work...
- If you have previously installed the LaoScript 8, you must
uninstall it (in the normal way) before using installation with automatic
- If your internet connection requires a proxy server, or uses a non-standard
port for http: transfers, add the following extra parameters
to the license setup file:
Proxy=(URL:port or IP:port)
HTTPPort=(if not port 80)
Timeout=(if a timeout longer than 60 seconds is needed)
- If automatic activation still fails, use the normal activation procedure.
Who can use it...
Automatic installation and licensing is primarily intended for use with multi-seat licenses
and site licenses, but anyone may use it provided that they agree to the standard
License Terms and Conditions for using LaoScript 8.